A day into 2015 and I’m making progress on plotting out Chapter 5 and the novel overall.
The realization of exactly how much I squeezed into the first draft has finally dawned on me that if I wish to keep me things in, I’ll be sprinkling plots/characters from the first draft across several books and so focusing the first book on Spencer, Melinda and the antagonist.
The Where Weavers Daire K BAR count going into 2015 is:
It hasn’t moved much since last time due to holidays and my going down the rabbit hole on the universe backstory.
The goal right now is to have the second draft done by ECCC. Send it back through the writing group and query agents.
As for ECCC, I dunno if I’ll be cosplaying this year or not.
One of my Christmas presents was a scarf knitted by my mom, and not just any scarf: this scarf ->
BBC America has a nice post on Cosplaying as 4 that covers the particulars.
During the holidays, we retreated to Woodstock, VT and when I wasn’t sledding with my brother and his wife:
I managed to get some reading done and visited Woodstock’s bookstore, the Yankee Bookshop. I enjoyed: Lock In, Lexicon and A Talent for War. Afterworlds is only partly started. I’ve found bouncing from author style to style is often an interesting speed bump. My social feeds will probably be showing more Goodreads posts.
I kickstarted Harry Connolly’s The Great Way and it’s been getting good reviews so I’ve got a trilogy to read through soon.
Going into 2015, there are some shout outs to blogs belonging to friends and family:
1. Backyard Roots – a gardening blog created by my sister-in-law and brother. Make sure to like their FB page.
2. Hold me Don’t Hold Me – baby momma blog.
3. Bennett North – NaNoWrimo Word War buddy, fellow aspiring writer and Writing Group member.
4. Hey Ashers – Book reviews done by fellow New England NaNoWrimo and Writing Group member.
5. Chopping Potatoes – baby momma blog handling things like post partum depression and fellow New England aspiring writer.
And lastly, my 2015 Resolutions:
1. Plot faster.
2. Write better.
3. Finish what I write and get it edited.
4. Query Agents.
5. Read more.
6. Post more photos.
7. Find a junior graphic design job.
8. Blog more.
9. Find time for PS4 gaming with friends.
10. Install new WP theme for the blog…